Meridianville Middle School

Leadership and Integrity - Everybody Everyday
Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Please create a marquee.
Health Services » Medications


State Law prohibits stock medications from being kept/dispensed in schools.

If your child needs medication kept at school: For each medication, prescription or nonprescription, the School Medication Prescriber/ Parent Authorization form must be completed, which includes doctor’s signature. This applies to ANY medications, even something as minor as Tums or Tylenol. The medication must be brought into the school and signed in by parent/guardian in the original unopened container. (If it is a prescription drug, the label must be attached). Asthma inhalers must be brought in with completed forms, in the original prescription labeled box. If the Dr. has cleared your child to self-administer his/her inhaler, then the child can bring the inhaler and forms to the nurse. If the inhaler is to be kept with the nurse, the parent must bring it and sign it in.